Alpha Phi Foundation
Alpha Phi supports the Alpha Phi Foundation which branches off into funding for various programs: Leadership, Scholarship, Women's Heart Health, Forget Me Not Grants, and Heritage.
In 1956, Alpha Phi was one of the first women's fraternities to establish a Foundation. Demonstrating the philanthropic spirit of love and charity intended by our founders, the Foundation was created as a trust to award grants specifically for scholarship and cardiac aid. One of the Foundation’s giving circles is named after founder Clara Bradley Burdette, who was also a philanthropist. Her prime objective in life was developing better opportunities for women, and one of her personal mottos was to "live a life of purpose."
Director of Philanthropy
The Foundation’s mission is "advancing women's lives through the power of philanthropy". It is well known and respected internationally as a prominent philanthropic leader for the Greek community. Our Foundation completed a ten million dollar campaign for leadership in 2010, the largest in National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) history. It also receives over one million dollars annually from collegiate chapters that host evening galas, heart walks and campus-wide talent shows.
At Florida Tech and around Melbourne, Florida, the Theta Zeta chapter hosts a series of events to support the Alpha Phi Foundation. The sisters of Alpha Phi also participate in other events that support cardiac research and heart health as well as philanthropy events of other Greek chapters on campus.
- Allows women to advance their communities
- Susan Brink Sherratt leadership fund provides leadership development in communication and teamwork
- The Susan Weiskittle Barrick endownment allows for enrichment beyond the classroom
- The foundation supports Alpha Phis pursuing undergrad and grad degrees
- Awarded over $370,000 in scholarships in 2020
- Provides merit and need based scholarships
- Active members and alumnae are eligible
Women's Heart Health
- Alpha Phi Foundation has supported Women's Heart Health since 1946
- Heart to Heart grant awards $100,000 annually for heart health research
- Heart to Heart grant began in 1993 and has funded 30 research projects
Forget Me Not Grant
- Provides assistance to sisters in unprecedented circumstances
- Also available to alumnae facing health issues or who have experienced a natural disaster
- Gives sisters the knowledge and support that their sisters from all over care and are here to help
-- Alpha Phi Foundation works to preserve and share our history
- A 3 part book is being published to highlight stories and milestones of our 150th anniversary in 2022
- All Alpha Phi's past and present are encouraged to share their memories and lessons they've learned